Yemen, one of the world’s poorest countries, has been torn apart by conflict since 2014. This war has led to the displacement of many of its people, and more importantly, it has triggered a humanitarian disaster. On the verge of famine, Yemen’s humanitarian situation is critical with 4 in 5 Yemenis needing some form of assistance. The health-care system is on the verge of collapsing and millions of people are on the brink of famine. While 19 million people lack access to clean water and sanitation facilities, 7 million don’t know where their next meal will come from. Ramadan is near and fears, on this holy blessed month, substantially increase in these already high numbers.
14.1 million people are in desperate need of basic health care but only 1/3 of the country has access to health care. More than 2 million children in Yemen are acutely malnourished and require urgent care. At least one child dies every 10 minutes in Yemen because of preventable diseases such as diarrhea, malnutrition, and respiratory tract infections.
With your help and donations, we can provide food and supplies to Yemen. $122 can provide a food basket that will feed a family for Ramadan. Join us on our national campaign Hand in Hand for Yemen. We believe that everyone can work together to ensure no child dies of hunger.
Here’s how it will work:
- Pious Projects collects the funds collected from the campaign.
- Pious Projects then releases the funds to Pure Hands (Purehands.org) a nonprofit based in Texas that has agency on the grounds in Yemen.
- Pure Hands will then send the money to their office in Yemen to purchase food basket items locally.
- Food will either be distributed to homes or available through a food bank via Pure Hands.
- Cities where food baskets will be sent: Lahij and Al Hudaydah.
If your city is interested in joining the #handinhandforYemen campaign you can partner with us by taking action in communities nationwide to meet the urgent critical needs of Yemen. Any cities that would like to participate in the national Hand in Hand for Yemen campaign please contact email@example.com.